Thursday, January 18, 2007

Who Are You ?

Who Area You?

How can you heal
from the abuse
permeating your Soul

of Trusted Ones'

betrayal

Of safety within
being

a Blurry
Distant Cloud
--
Now - where the Hurt
comes Instead

From
Myths about you

Where -
Your People
Those You Love Deeply

are said to be:

Wrong
Crazy
Not Good People
-- as You Know They Are

So, you are Responsible
for the Myths
the Craziness
of Others

While
at the Same Time
You Must Struggle
with the Insanity Itself
Digging Inside

Who Are You?
(perhaps:
- an Iraqi - in an insane world
- a Palestinian - trying to cope
- a Person of Color - in a White World
- a Gay/Lesbian/Bi/Transgendered one in a land foreign to whom one is
- or Many Others
- or Several of these - Together

I probably don't Know You.
Will I listen?
Can I hear?

You are Important !
You Do Matter !

I hope that I will See
and be an Ally
if Not
a Friend

January 18, 2007

No comments: