Monday, October 02, 2006

A Few Minutes of Total Peace - Yom Kippur

This afternoon I took almost a half hour to sit along the creek in back of our house. It was a mid-60's fall afternoon with filtered sunlight. It was so peaceful to watch and hear the flowing water in the creek.

Then I saw a single, male duck walking upstream towards me. He flew in the air into our back yard briefly and then jumped back down into the water. I thought at first that my presence was bothering him and keeping him from walking past where I was sitting on the shore.

He moved slowly along the far edge of the creek and went past me upstream after a few minutes and disappeared from my view.

The waters were beautiful and soothing. My spirit was a little troubled, but soothed by the beauty I felt - something so simple, but so important to my heart and soul.

Thanks you!

1 comment:

D said...

Hello Geo,
I read through this entry without speed, meaning that it was easy to understand, interesting enough to continue and compelling enough to await its closure with calm.

Nice one.
Thanks,

PS. today I resided in The world of Plenty, even though Deficit Living knocked on the door all day long. I'm tired for it, so tonight I'll rest so that tomorrow I can up chance's swing to sway right for my family and I.